help with Shure e4 - left channel's almost silent?
Mar 28, 2006 at 9:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Matro5

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

As the title says - I've got the Shure e4. I've been using them gently for a few months, and I'm pretty happy with them.

But, this morning I noticed that the volume from the left channel is approx 20% of the volume from the right channel.

I've taken them apart and cleaned them to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any luck fixing it?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

matro

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 14
What's your source? I've heard that some 5G ipods have channel problems; mine certain does.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #3 of 14
I have a laptop and an iPod. Never noticed and disparity with either until this morning. Now, the difference is clear with both sources.

I've had great experiences with Shure Service in the past, but I'm hoping to avoid them altogether.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 14
I had what seemed to be the same problem as described in the link but I'm pretty sure it was out of box like that. Switching out the nozzles didn't seem to help. Shure replaced them and the problem seems to be solved.

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 14
spyro,

i'm not surprised.

when I say i've had good experiences with Shure Customer Service I mean that I completely destroyed a pair of e2s by dropping them on the subway. By the time I was able to recover them, the cord had snapped and one of the ear pieces was missing.

Shure replaced them with a brand new pair in the box. Great company.

matro

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matro5
spyro,

i'm not surprised.

when I say i've had good experiences with Shure Customer Service I mean that I completely destroyed a pair of e2s by dropping them on the subway. By the time I was able to recover them, the cord had snapped and one of the ear pieces was missing.

Shure replaced them with a brand new pair in the box. Great company.

matro

It's hard to believe a manufacturer would cover accidents like this. Don't they usually say they don't cover users' faults? I mean, in your case, you can't just pretend and say "oops I woke up and the cord snapped". Great after-sale service I must say.

Mar 29, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5
It's hard to believe a manufacturer would cover accidents like this. Don't they usually say they don't cover users' faults? I mean, in your case, you can't just pretend and say "oops I woke up and the cord snapped". Great after-sale service I must say.

That's normally the case, but Shure really goes above and beyond. They've been really great with me too. I managed to knock the filter loose on my E5 while I was cleaning it. They not only fixed it for me, but also turned it around very quickly. I had it back to me in within 1 week from when I sent it out.

Apr 3, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 14
I'm experiencing this problem myself except it's in the right ear. From my understanding Shure USA doesn't handle problems from Canadian users right? How can I get a hold of Shure Canada to deal with my failing earphones? Thanks!

Apr 6, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
bump

Email their customer service. Their local distributing station is in Québec so you'd have to ship it to them or find a local dealer that'll do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back