Help with Shure E4 (cable/wiring & warranty)
Nov 28, 2006 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Electro Point

500+ Head-Fier
I brought the E4 Pro's a couple months ago. Used them for a good amount of time but if I remember the second week of using them the wiring internally started to twist up on the right side earphone. Hmm... I tryed to "fixed" it by twisting the cable back and forth to straighten it but no use. Now it has gotten really bad. About a good 8 - 9 inches length of the internal wiring in the cable on the right earphone is twisted and entangled up.

Now my question is that could I send it back to Shure for repair/replacement and it will be replaced/repaired under the warranty or this is not covered so I'll have to pay for the repair?

Heres an pic below comparing the wiring on the right cable to the left one.

Nov 28, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #2 of 6
If they were new (ie you know they are under warranty), go to Shures website, print off their service form, and send them back. Do a search on Shure warranty and you will quickly discover that Shure service is outstanding. My guess is you will get a brand spanking new set of E4s in a week or 2.

Nov 29, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 6
That would definitely be a manufacturers defect, so they should warrant it. Eventually that wire will break and you'll lose sound on that side.

Nov 29, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electro Point /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok thanks for the info guys.
I'll send them back to shure when I can.

the serial number is 0126.

it will be a free repair, for sure..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back