Help with Sennheiser HD500, HD570 and HD590
Jun 29, 2009 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

rhfactor1

100+ Head-Fier
I would like to some opinions concerning possible purchase of some older Sennheiser models. there is an internet vendor (DAKMART.com) that is selling the Senheiser HD500 ($58 plus shipping), Sennheiser HD570 ($74 plus shipping) and HD590 ($138 plus shipping). These are all bstock items with full Sennheiser warranty. I'm afraid that the HD500 and HD570 may be a side- grade to the set-up I already have which is a HD485 coming from a Rega EAR amp with a Toshiba DVD/CD as source (this combination is very good-amp and headphones have great synergy). I know FWIR that the HD580 is very highly regarded but I never hear to much about the above HD50x's models if there is anyone out there that has these models still to give me a compare and constrast on these models it would be greatly appreciated. Also DAKMART.com has some other Sennheiser models that someone may be intersted in, they have a bstock Senheiser HD497 for ($38 plus shipping) which my son owns for about three years and he just loves with Toshiba laptop or Zen MP3 as a source. They also have bstock Sennheiser HD600 for ($226 plus shipping) and bstock HD650 for ($290 plus shipping). Thank You. And Happy Listening.
smile_phones.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 6
havent heard the hd500. had the other 2. the hd570 sounds exactly like the hd485. seriously. i had both at the same time. its a misnamed tragedy to senns lineup.
the hd590 sounds very nice, great detail, mids, and highs, kind of bass light. honestly sounds like an hd580/600 with less bass. much easier to drive than the 580/600

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 6
Beware of Dakmart. I have read many terrible things about them. I also have had an experience with them. They have refurbished hd650s listed on their site. You can purchase them and send them your money. Even if they are not in stock. Before placing my order I called them. They checked inventory and they were not in stock. Wow, isn't that great...I can send them my money and not get anything. It would just have resulted in them sending me back my money a week or two later.

I suggest finding a new retailer. Just save yourself the hassle.

biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffygdog95 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beware of Dakmart. I have read many terrible things about them. I also have had an experience with them. They have refurbished hd650s listed on their site. You can purchase them and send them your money. Even if they are not in stock. Before placing my order I called them. They checked inventory and they were not in stock. Wow, isn't that great...I can send them my money and not get anything. It would just have resulted in them sending me back my money a week or two later.

I suggest finding a new retailer. Just save yourself the hassle.

biggrin.gif

Dakmart does not have real time online inventory control, and they sell a lot of stuff. So definitely call before ordering to check stock. But otherwise I don't know how long it takes to refund a payment. If you're willing and able to jump through this one hoop (call them), then you're pretty much good to go. Dakmart is an authorized dealer for various manufacturers.

Oh, and I would just like to thank everyone who has reviewed Dakmart poorly or posted likewise, because you help to keep their prices low (for me).
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #6 of 6
Late to the party and you've probably already gotten your headphones but just in case I wouldn't recommend the HD500's. Those were my first quality headphones and when I got my second pair (SR-80's) I realized the 500's sounded like they were filled with mud. I suppose I could have had a defective pair but I know the ones I had sounded terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back