Help with SE530 filter replacement
Dec 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mrsmr2

Head-Fier
I've managed to remove the filter from one ear-piece while cleaning it, and then lose it trying to put it back in.

First question is:

Can I get a replacement anywhere?  I've e-mailed Shure customer service but they haven't responded yet (will give them a call soon).

Second question:

I have a pair of replacement nozzles from my previous E4g phones which contain a filter.  Can I use these instead?  If so, any advice on getting the filters out intact?

Thanks

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 7
I got the typical "headphone is not serviceable and we don't have replacement parts" response from Shure.

They've offered a Service Exchange but I'm not sure if they are offering me a pair of SE535s for £263, or a discount of £263 against another headphone from them.

In the meantime, I've just put the E4g filter in and sound seems ok so far.  Just hope it doesn't come lose and end up half way down my ear canal :frowning2:)

Jan 2, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #4 of 7
That sounds like a sponsored comment from Shure :)

My filter did come out from normal cleaning.  I suspect I applied too much sideways force against the plastic surround of the filter.

Jan 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #5 of 7
Likely not with the tool supplied as it wont reach the filter but I was only commenting on what would be the norm. The debris filter is just a bowl shaped weave sans housing and like all things, won't be perfect either.
smile.gif
 It's probably flat before instalation and gets it's shape on insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back