Help with replacing caps in a ND 7020
Feb 20, 2003 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SP00N

100+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine gave me an old NAD 7020 that he had lying around but it needs a little work. Actually it’s in pretty decent shape. The only problems I've been able to identify are the power switch needs to be replaced or really cleaned (as it takes some fiddling to get clean power going i.e. the lamps flicker and there is static on all inputs.) and the power regulator Caps for the speaker amplification have leaked and need to be replaced. I figure that while I'm doing these repairs it would be an excellent time to mod this unit. However, honestly I don't know much about DIY electronics and would be basing my repairs the service manual I picked up. In this regard I would appreciate any input on which Caps if any I should upgrade (which would have the most noticeable effects on the sound) and what brand and type I should use (i.e. wima cerfines). Thanks for your time.

(I would also be interested in a good outlet to order these pieces from and a suggestion on a decent set of reasonable priced binding posts. I think I saw some vampire posts for $10 a set. Thanks)

I hope my post isn't too redundant as there are similar threads about replacing amplifier caps I was just hoping for more tailored info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back