Help with recabling headphones - what to buy?
Jul 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Aquanote

100+ Head-Fier
I recently bought a pair of Creative Aurvana Live! cans which I want to recable immediatly.

I already used the search a little bit on this matter - result is that these 2 cables should work good: Canare L-4E5C Mini Quad Mic Cable and Mogami W2893 Miniature Quad Mic Cable

Unfortunatly I cant find any retailer in europe so consider ordering from redco.com.

Questions:

are these cables the right ones?
is this shop ok - what is a "quantity" e.g. how long?
what connectors should i use - is there a difference between a $1 and a $5 one?

...anything else i should look out for :wink:

Jul 2, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 5
Both of those cables will do great. I recables my D1001's (same as Creative Aurvana Live's) with Mogami 2893 and it turned out great. Redco is a great place to shop although i am sure there is someplace in europe that will sell those parts. Redco has great prices and great service. As for connectors there isnt much difference between ones of different prices. higher priced ones may look nicer and may be a bit more durable but you should be fine with something like a $1 Neutrik mini. 

I hope this helps.

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 5
great, seems i´m on the right track :)

can you tell me something about the measurements redco sells? say if i want to order 10 foot of cable how many quantities as they call it should i order?

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 5
I think they sell cable by the foot. So if you want 10 feet you would order a quantity of 10.

Jul 3, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back