help with RCA plugs !!
Jun 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

zuhayr94

New Head-Fier
hi all, 
this is my first thread on this forum so please dont mind the newbie question ...

quite simply, my question is. are expensive rca plugs really worth it ? do your eichmanns or you wbt's or equavilant plugs make a difference in sound quality and if so, is it worth the price.

my scenario: i have some sommer cable stratos, sommer cable carbokab 225, mogami 2534, and some solid core silver plated copper that i will put away for a while. i basically want to terminate them all with rca plugs, i have some switchcraft rca plugs BUT i've been thinking. i care alot about my music and my sound. and i dont want my cables to be my weakest link in my new system thats being built up slowly.

so i ask, are expensive plugs worth their expense ?
and can people recommend me any other copper rca plugs that can be obtained in the UK without too much hassle. ??

thanks all for viewing this thread and i would be grateful for any help.

kind regards
zuhayr rehan 

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 31
hello sir. i have quite a few Switchcraft 3502ABAU plugs but for these cables i want absolute performance. but im wondering if the top end rca plugs actually offer more performance and sound in the real world ... 

and my other question was if there are any other copper (or alloy) rca plugs  that can be obtained here in the UK or are there any others recommended ? 

Jun 15, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 31
Most RCA plugs or 3.5mm jacks are expensive because of brand name really. Anyways, go for plugs that are made from copper throughout with gold plated tips. Copper is the best electrical conductivity apart from silver. Gold has some kind of resistance that gives deeper bass response. You can find them on most online audio retailer under DIY section

Jun 15, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #6 of 31
could you please name a few plugs or websites that you know who stock them ? im trying to find copper rca plugs and not even a google search can come up with them in the uk ...

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:00 PM Post #10 of 31
Save your money and spend it on a better transducer.

You can buy a really good pair of headphones for the price of 4 WBT RCA cables.

Jun 16, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #11 of 31
hi lenni. i had a look at all the links you kindly posted. unfortunately once again i only found wbt and eichmann plugs that are copper.. does anyone have any good experiences with the copper rca plugs from japsn ? there are many brands from these japanese sellers but i am skeptical. my whole aim basiacally is to get gold or silver plated copper rca plugs that are not the silly price of the eichmanns or the WBTs. hence why i wanted people to possibly name a few alternatives of the big brands ....

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #12 of 31
those expensive Eichmanns/Oyaide plugs are best used with similar priced interconnect cables - for Mogami's cables the Switchcraft plugs are just fine.

if you worry about cables and plugs being the weakest link in your system, try the SUPRA interconnect cables with Supra's rca plugs. they're an excellent choice in that price range. is possible that Divineaudio will send you a demo pair, so you could do some swapping with the Mogami/Switchcraft cables that you already have. if then you decide to return the cables, it will only cost you few quids for the mail service. 

Jun 16, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #13 of 31
I don't live in UK so I don't know what site to recommend to you but, it seems that you have found some Japanese online. store. Japanese parts are nothing to complained about. Don't be too skeptic because you will missed out alot of things in life. Make sure that you''ll always pay by paypal. If something's gone wrong, you cam always get your money back.

Jun 16, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #14 of 31
thanks for the info lenni. i have decided to make a 2xrca-mini cable with the mogami instead as the top two cables on my list to terminate where the sommer cable stratos (more high end than mogami) and the braided spc in teflon hence why i wanted HQ rca plugs. but the problem is, which im sure you've all heard before. im a student with a huge interest in this without a huge budget to match hence why i want eichmann/oyaide and WBT matching performance plugs without their high prices. 

and thanks bluesystem, i think i will have a go buying 4 japanese brand plugs that are silver plated copper and review my findings....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back