Help with new MP3 choice
Apr 22, 2009 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CHRIS7509

Head-Fier
Hi, Well I’ve been using my Zen Touch since the first day it came out and it have been a great player, but after all these years and accidental drops I think it's time to look for a replacement, still work great but I am also getting the itch for a new player.

Well the main thing obviously have to be great sound, I have an Fiio E3 for take anywhere amp and a RS Tomahawk, even they are made specially for IEM they can still drive medium/low range ohms headphones and they work great on my AKG 271.

The other things I’d like in an player would be great batt life, small ( at least smaller than Touch) Flash memory 'd be better than HDD, radio, recording and even video that most of them have now.

I’ve been doing my search and I really like this model the Cowon iaudio7 , i'd like to know your opinions, if you check the specifications you'll see that seems the best player for me just have to confirm Sound quality.

The second one I like is also from Cowon the audio X5, just this one is an HDD rather than a Flash drive as in the Iaudio7.

I have my eyes on those two but i think i would go for the iaudio7, plus price tag on them now are not bad either, do you have some feedback on them?
Plus what other player would you recommend and why.

Thanks for your help.

Chris.

Apr 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #2 of 6
You might also want to consider the Cowon D2. It has an insane amount of battery life (40 to 50 hours), flash memory, and a SDHC card slot. SDHC cards now go up to 32GB.

Apr 22, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 6
i7 and X5L (because that's the version you'd probably like more, because original X5 has only mare 10h+ of playback), are both great DAPs and i'm sure you will enjoy SQ of any of them. although if you're a fan of gapless playback you might prefer X5L, as it's fully supported by rockbox.

on other hand i7 has massive playback time (up to 60 hours in perfect conditions!) and it's much easier to get than X5L.

D2 is really nice DAP too, especially if you want to you it for more than just music.

Apr 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for your answers and that was a nice review K-Boom & How did you like the video on the i7? would the x5 be better in video ?
do the Cowon iaudio7 or audio X5 have a slot for sd cards?

anybody has another player in mind?

I have heard good things about Sansa any body using them? & what model pls.

Thanks again guys

Chris.

PS, another important question:
Do the I7 and X5 have an external control for radio or something like that?
Cos check out this pic what's that little thing next to it? Tha's the X5 , do the i7 has the same thing?. I don't really like much those kind of controls, i'd rather everything to be build in the player alredy.
And where can i get the X5 i just can't find it for sale anymore.

7155274427438363.jpg

Apr 24, 2009 at 4:13 AM Post #6 of 6
Have you tried a Sony Walkman? I really like my S738. S638 is supposed to be the same as far as SQ, but it's only available in pink in the US, at least when I bought mine, so I went with S738 purely for aesthetic reasons
smily_headphones1.gif
. The noise cancellation feature is completely useless unless you use the included headphones. Big drawback, of course, is no FLAC support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back