Help with new gear.
Mar 13, 2012 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sloghunt

New Head-Fier

Hey guys, new on the forum.

Yesterday I received a new pair of Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80 ohm headphones. My initial impressions were that the headphones had good sound except for the bass which seemed like it was non-existent. I continued to listen to them for a few hours and I just couldn't grasp the fact that alot of people said that the bass was almost overpowering when I didn't hear a thing of that. So I tried my soundcard on my computer which is a Asus Xonar D2X/XDT and the bass didn't improve. Then I tried my surround amplifier and got the same, then I decided to try my fathers Pioneer A-91D and just wow. Now I understood what everybody talked about.

So now I need some help with choosing equipment.

I listen to music pretty much all the time so I want something that I can take with me without being to much of a hassle.

Up to now I have been using my Samsung Galaxy S2 with my in-ear phones and that have worked out fine but now I don't know if my phone is gonna be able to give me what I want with just an external amp.

So now I'm asking you guys to help me out with my problem.

I don't have a big budget right now so I would prefer if you could recommend me something that would be affordable and able to drive my headphones.

Thanks

/David

Mar 14, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
FiiO E11,  FiiO E7 (DAC/AMP, a lot weaker than the E11), JDS Labs Cmoy OPA2227, FiiO E6

All your choice really.

Thanks, I've been doing some thinking and I think that I could settle with using my headphones only at home and use my other pair when I'm not at home.

So if I want something that I would use at home without considering ability to move around, is there an amp that I should buy or is it better to just buy a FiiO E10 and use it with my computer?

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 5
FiiO E10 for a DAC/AMP combo at a budget price.  It does not have 24/96 according to technical tests although it claims it, but is limited due to the implementation of hardware inside.

I would personally get the JDSLabs O2 and a FiiO D3 and get a RCA to 3.5mm interconnect + spdif coaxial/optical cable.

Mar 14, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
FiiO E10 for a DAC/AMP combo at a budget price.  It does not have 24/96 according to technical tests although it claims it, but is limited due to the implementation of hardware inside.

I would personally get the JDSLabs O2 and a FiiO D3 and get a RCA to 3.5mm interconnect + spdif coaxial/optical cable.

Okay thanks for the help but due to availability in sweden I will go with the FiiO E10, I think it will suit my needs and if it won't it will be easier to return it if I get the product here in sweden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back