Help with my Headroom Total Bithead Amp!
Nov 7, 2005 at 11:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bleeding Spark

100+ Head-Fier
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Total Bithead portable amp from Headroom.
I use it with my 60 gb ipod photo and Grado SR 80's. This is the first headphone amp I've owned so I don't know if I have a common problem....

My amp is picking up radio stations. It's driving me crazy, I can hear it even at low volume. Between tracks is obnoxious, but I'm hearing it in the background while I listen to music, most notably during quiet portions. It really jumped out at me while I was listening to "Amused To Death" by Roger Waters.

How common is this with a portable amp? Any help/suggestions?

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 7
Hello,

To my knowledge, that is not common with our amplifiers. Please give us a call and we'll fix you up with a replacement.

Thanks,
Jamey

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #3 of 7
Weird. I thought the new amps has aluminum cases, which would surely stop any interferance.

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamey
Hello,

To my knowledge, that is not common with our amplifiers. Please give us a call and we'll fix you up with a replacement.

Thanks,
Jamey

Thanks for the quick reply, should I call the 800 number, or is there someone specifically I should talk to?

Nov 7, 2005 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Just the 800 number though it may be turned off right now(past closing time). If you call tomorrow, ask for Mario and tell him I sent you for a replacement.

thanks,
Jamey

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 7
The Bithead I used to own would pick up certain sounds when it was near their source.. Most noteably was the hum from the transformer in my EL (Eluminx) keyboard and a cheap alarmclock.. Other that that, it was a very nice source + amp!

Can't beat the Headroom customer service
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back