Help with my first pair of headphones
Nov 1, 2012 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wirelessbrain

New Head-Fier
[size=small] Hey headfi, I'm a complete noob when it comes to headphones. I've read millions of reviews and lots of info on the internet about everything, and I want to get into headphones. I've been considering the Brainwavz HM5 (pretty ugly but I've read that they sound good), Audiotechnica ATHM50, and maybe the Shure SRH840 (which are expensive) all to use with my ipod touch and laptop. I want good isolation so I don't hear noise in my environment and also no leakage so I don't bother my family.[/size]

[size=small] I listen to rock music (Jack White, Black Keys, Foo Fighters, Led Zeppelin, etc) and also some indie (, The Strokes, Metronomy, Modest Mouse, Arctic Monkeys, a lot of Radiohead, etc). Some other bands which don't fall into the above categories are Beastie Boys and The Dirty Heads.[/size]

[size=small]  [/size]

[size=small] Can you guys help me pick out my first pair of good headphones?[/size]

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm new at this too my friend. But I've been in high end home audio for many years. I would highly recommend and suggest considering Denon d600's. I have them on my head right now and they are producing music quality reminding me of some of the best gear I've heard. Check out my comments here.

For what these cost, I am very very impressed.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/634022/closed-cans-heavy-in-the-bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back