help with muvo2....
Mar 29, 2004 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pho_boi

100+ Head-Fier
hey everyone, i just purchased an empty muvo2 on ebay, and just waiting for its arrival. i've been reading quite a bit of info on the proccess to replace anothr CF card in player. many sites say that it is vital to update the firmware before you take out the 4gig MD....... lets say the unit that i have just purchased, still has its old firmware. am i royally screwed? i am putting in a normal 256mb sandisk in the unit. if im not screwed, how do i update the firmware??

do i update the firmware to 1.10.11 before i put in the 256mb CF, or do i update the firmware after i installed the 256mb CF?

any help would be grateful, thank you

Mar 29, 2004 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 4
I had no problem updating the firmware after putting in a new Sandisk CF card. My only problem was getting my WinME system to recognize my Muvo2. I went to a Win98 PC to get the firmware upgrade installed.

BTW, first thing that I did after putting in the new CF card was to use the recovery menu and format the card. Then I chose to Connect to PC and went from there.

Mar 30, 2004 at 5:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Here's another short concise guide for putting a new compact flash back into an empty Muvo2.

MUVO2 REBORN

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back