Help with microphone feedback on PS4 using Massdrop Plus
Aug 23, 2018 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bwardrop

Head-Fier
Hi, I just bought a set of Massdrop Plus IEMs and am very happy with them. The primary purpose for them was PS4 gaming and they sound fantastic. I bought the Null Audio Brevity mic cable and I'm getting horrible feedback and echo from the microphone. So I bought another mic cable and while not as bad, it's still a deal breaker for party chat gaming.

I think the issue is related to the four pole setting being set to apple, rather than android. I've tried a lot of other earbuds and IEM's and never had this feedback issue on PS4. I'm able to make it a little better by playing with mic input level, but not enough to make it acceptable to others in party chat. It's even making their audio echo as well.

Does anybody know of a 2 pin .78 cable that might work without this issue? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. I've been reading HeadFi for years. Just now getting around to making an account.

Aug 23, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #2 of 3
This may not be a directly helpful response, but I just use a lav mic for gaming and then wear whatever headphones I feel like. Would require an adapter on PS4, but I think that type of adapter is pretty common.

Aug 23, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Yeah, I think this might be the best route. A Y splitter and a lavalier mic. I’ve already wasted 80 bucks on two cables that did not work. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back