Help with MEElectronics M9, MP3 and AAC
Jul 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TheMickeyBlue

New Head-Fier
Hi Team,

Based on reviews from this forum (amongst others) I have recently bought some MEElectronics M9's to go with my new 4th gen Ipod Shuffle (for exercise purposes). They're great earphones and better than I expected.

However, some songs that come from the Shuffle seem less vibrant and less deep than others, and generally the volume of 'bad' songs are reduced (up to half it seems). After investigation it seems that the 'good' songs are MP3s and the 'bad' songs are LC-AACs, bit rates are 128-256 kbps, sample rates are 44.1khz.

I thought AACs were MP4s and would be better not worse? Would it have something to do with the Shuffle? Would the low complexity AACs have less info than the MP3s? Could I also convert the files from AAC to MP3 (or vice versa) to fix the volume or uncover more depth to the songs?

Hope this all makes sense..its a bummer to now have some cool earphones and not be able to fully appreciate all my music in the same way..

Thanks heaps
Mike

Mods - Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to relocate it.

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #3 of 3
Unfortunately, a compressed file (MP3, AAC, WMV, etc) cannot be improved once it has been created -- that file is forever at that bitrate -- information has been lost, compressed out in the creation.  That is the very nature of compressed technologies. 

They only thing you can do is buy new files that are either uncompressed (WAV or FLAC), files at a higher bitrate (256 kbps, or 320 preferrably); or rip them again from a CD at the higher bitrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back