help with jan meier crossfeed
Jun 25, 2011 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kchapdaily

100+ Head-Fier
i decided to try to build the basic meier crossfeed, but it isnt working right. it sounds really quiet and my music lost most of its tone so i assume i built it wrong. this is the article i found it in

http://gilmore2.chem.northwestern.edu/projects/showfile.php?file=meier2_prj.htm

my local electronics store didnt have the exact values for resistors and caps so my resistors are about .05ohms off but i didnt think that would matter. the 200nF caps are 220nF but if anything i was thinking that would improve the sound. could it be that i wired it wrong? or maybe that i used mylar film capacitors?

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 5

sorry if the quality isnt that great i used my phones camera. i connected the grounds from the 1/8th jack and the rca jacks all to the ground on the 47nF capacitor, was that correct? sorry im kind of new at this

also i forgot to mention that im not using this with an amp because i havent finished building it yet

Jun 26, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 5
I think You should use it with an amp. Think this as a passive selective attenuator. Plus the headphones You connect to the output will change everything. I think it supposed to followed by an input stage of an amplifier that drives Your headphone but I am may wrong about this.

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 5
once i finish my amp ill try it with that and see if that helps. i had a feeling that was the problem. does anyone know if mylar film capacitors are the right kind for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back