Help with Ipod hookup please.
Sep 27, 2007 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ronnielee54

Headphoneus Supremus
I have finaly come to the point where it is time for another upgrade to my at work rig which consists of a 5.5G Ipod 30 gig, iBasso P1, AT ES7's, and a Sendstation dock connected with the mini mini that came with the amp.

This is a two part question so please bear with me. I am wondering if I could get buy with just upgrading the mini mini or would the SQ be significantly grater going to a hardwired dock such as an ALO? I really like the Sendstation's USB capability. It give me the ability to connect a charger at work when the battery gets low, and still be able to listen to some tunes while it is charging. If the SQ is that much greater with the ALO, then I would probably choose SQ over convenience.

Now for part two. Which ever route I choose to take, would a Bling Bling be a mistake considering the ES7's are already a little bright anyway? Would a Micro Cryo be a better choice since I have heard that they are a warmer cable than the Bling Bling?

Will this upgrading ever end? God I hope not. I'm having to much fun.
Thanks in advance guys for any advice you might have to offer.

Sep 27, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #2 of 2
I am not familiar with the sendstation dock, but I will try to help you out.

Yes a Line Out Dock will be an improvement as it will bypass the ipods internal amp and use your Basso's amp.

An ALO dock will not be a significant improvement over any other dock however.

A Bling Bling will not be any brighter than any other dock.

Here is a good thread on the Line Out Docks

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=262461

edit: It looks like your sendstation is already a line out, so there would be no significant improvement in getting a line out dock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back