Help with Iphone please
Oct 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ronnielee54

Headphoneus Supremus
Just got 16 gig 3 GS Iphone friday. I have 2 Itunes libraries on seperate computers. Music is on home pc and podcasts only on laptop. I set Iphone to manually manage files (no synching). I do the same thing with my ipods (5G 30 gig, 60 gig Classic, and 3G nano) and am able to go back and forth from library to library. Iphone will not let me do this. When I try, I get message that it is already synched to a library and will wipe out what I have on Iphone and synch to new library. The Iphone is set to manual, not synch. What gives?

Oct 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 6
An itunes device like the iphone or an ipod can ONLY synch to one itunes library. The manual part only concerns how you transfer the files, not that you can transfer files from many different computer to one device. Check out the itunes support pages on apple.com for more info.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 6
iTunes 9 has the 'Home Sharing' feature which lets you copy files between different libraries. Just make sure you have all the files you want to transfer to the iPhone on any one computer and then sync with that computer.

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 6
I have run into this same unexpected trouble with my iPhone.

It has been annoying but it can be solved by planning ahead a bit. It just means that you have to do some rethinking.

That being said, I'm not very pleased that Apple set things up this way. They could have made it much more user friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back