Help with image size
Apr 10, 2006 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Denim

500+ Head-Fier
I linked a couple pics today in a thread and they were way to big. I've seen other threads here the pic was a better size. I checked the FAQ's for help on this, but didn't see how to resize. There must be a bit of code to add with the image to do this, right?

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 7
I just open the pictures in Paint, then go to Image->stretch/skew. I usually put it at 50%, maybe bigger. If you use a host like photobucket, you can resize there on the fly. (but the picture stays that perm)

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 7
I signed up with photobucket tonight to host the images. After I saw how big they were, I went into photobucket and reduced one by 50%, no change here. I've grabbed pics from other sites and stuck them here and they just happened to be the right size. I can use Photoshop at work, but I suspect there is an easier way.

I'll keep reducing and see if it ever gets smaller here.

Thanks

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 7
I recommend Irfanview as well. The resize filter is pretty good. You can get some really noticeable jagged edges with some other free programs when you shrink things down. I often use it to resize single, or batches of digital photos. There's also misc. color and brightness corrections, along with red eye removal iirc among other things. Pretty good for a free program.

Apr 10, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 7
Good tip on Irfanview! Thanks.
I downloaded it and resized a couple pics quickly. Went back to my post and the images were smaller than before. I suspect my cache, or something didn't allow me to see the changes I made previously.

Future pics will fit much better in threads
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back