help with IEC fuse type
Apr 26, 2010 at 3:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dbecks

New Head-Fier
Ok so I have ordered a FN284-10-06 Schaffner but nowhere can I find the fuse type that goes with it, I ordered some that seemed to match but when I received them they looked nothing of the sort to fit into the fuse drawer that is built in. Anyone have any idea and/or suggestions? Thanks

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 5
I don't mean to be rude but did you bother to check the data sheet? It's right there on the first page, in bold text.

Fuses 05 x 20mm

Apr 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 5
Yes I did read the data sheet, I think a couple of things screwed me up,
1: I did not realize that the one I had ordered had space for 2 fuses(Dumb mistake I know)
2: When I searched through digikey for the fuses that were 5x20mm all that came up were fuses that were 9 dollars a shot. (Trying a simple search seemed to result in usable results)

So this would work correct?
F2419-ND

Thanks I knew I would be getting some grief but I did look at the data sheet, must have been before my morning coffee that I was trying to figure this out.

Apr 26, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 5
1. Some have the option of using two fuses but don't require that you use both. You'll have to do a little digging to see how exactly the unit you bought is configured.

2. Digikey's search is not the best. I often search Mouser too and use the Vendor part numbers that Mouser turns up to price check at Digikey. You might try that.

The fuse you referred to (F2419-ND) appears to be the right size but I have no way of knowing if a 1A/slo-blo type is appropriate for your application.
smily_headphones1.gif

Give us more information and we'll be better able to help.

Apr 27, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #5 of 5
For 5x20mm fuses at RatShack check out:

RadioShack.com

BTW
Dual fuses are always a good choice.
1. You are protected regardless which AC leg is hot. (I don't trust any outlet)
2. You are protected if you ever want to go to balanced power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back