Help with HRT Music Streamer Pro
Oct 26, 2011 at 2:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ZoaKaizer

New Head-Fier
Help!!

i got problem with my HRT Music Streamer Pro. ive been using my HRT Pro for 4 months. I always use it with my laptop. But last night there is a warning in my laptop that says "USB device has exceeded power surge limit" then suddenly my there is no sound from my HRT. i have restarted my laptop, but then the HRT Pro cannot be detected even after i try different USB ports.

Then i tried to connect my HRT Pro to my desktop computer. My dekstop computer can detect recognized it as HRT Music Streamer Pro, but it keep saying "Driver installation failed".

does anyone have any idea what is the problem or what might happened @_@ ?

is the problem is from my laptop or from my HRT Music Streamer Pro ?

Oct 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 3
I have no idea what might have happened to your dac but you might have better results emailing HRT's support directly. I'm working with them in trying to get mine to play nicely with my computers.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Never heard of this before - gotta be the worst nightmare of anyone who has spent money on a USB DAC. The Pro isnt cheap, but there are considerably more expensive USB DACs out there - will be interested to hear what HRT have to say in response to the OPs email.

In all the years I've worked with computers, I dont recall a single device suffering this kind of problem from a USB port, but I guess there is a first time for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back