Help with headphones
Dec 9, 2007 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

alximiq

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!

I own SENNHEISER PX100 and I think,that they sound pretty good for that price. Im not audiophil so I do not need headphones for 500$ or more..
I need your advice with buying some new headphone,which could replace the quality and comfort of PX100.. I had KOSS PORTA PRO but I do not like them,cuz of construction - they are not so comfort as "comfort zone" could indicate
tongue.gif

I am intrested in BANG AND OLUFSEN FORM 2 - they look really gr8 but im worried if they will sound better than PX100 and if they will be so comfortable.. Has anyone some real comparation of PX 100 an FORM 2? Or PP and FORM 2? Or will U suggest smthng else? Ultrasone iCans maybe? I heard,that they also are not so comfortable..
My price stop is 100$..

Guys,I`m helpless
confused.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 10
yeah,thanx,but I would rather have som "open construction" headphones like PX100 or FORM 2.. Any other suggestions?

Or coul anyone jusst post some link to reviews on FORM 2? Im really intrested in this one.. Did they sound better than KPP or PX100??

THX

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #5 of 10
Where do you use your PX100s?

You prefer an open headphone, so do you use them at home? Then you might consider a bigger headphone, e.g. an SR60/80/MS1.

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #7 of 10
The iCans sound great but they aren't built very tough. They're rather fragile and they don't stay on your head very well unless you're just sitting at your PC. I also like the sound of the HFI-15Gs (they sound very similar to my SR-80s), but they have have a heavier, longer cord that might be cumbersome when moving about. I really like the iGrados because they have a great sound, are tough as nails, and become very comfortable after a weeks use.

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #8 of 10
There are a lot of better headphones under $100 than the PX100, but IMO less comfortable than the PX100, such as MS1 and RP21(closed).

I thought AKG K240s was comfortable with good SQ. Do you use them portably though?

Dec 13, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #9 of 10
I'd suggest a big jump, from the PX100s to the 650s. Call me crazy but I think the PX100s are the second-best sounding headphones in the Sennheiser range, only beaten by the 650s. I know that's way out of your target budget with the required amp and all, but if I was in your position it's the only Sennheiser upgrade I'd look at.

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #10 of 10
oh man, 650s are way out of my range..
I use my headphones for travelling two times a week and for some night walks.. And of course with PC.. I think,for now will be best choise ULTRASONE ICANS NAOS.. Could anyone post some pics or link how they look on head?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back