Help with headphones under $300 or £ 200.
Jul 26, 2013 at 11:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

vanillazai

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I know there's tons of questions about this so yeah, i'm sorry if its a chore! And oh, from over ear, open or closed, anything!

Anyway, i currently own a MS1, so i wondered if there's like an upgrade from that around this price range. (or more)

I regularly listen to electro, house and indie, basically everything. That's why this has been a dilemma to me.

Or : Should i save up for some higher tier ones? Cause my MS1 is amazing, but i'm itching for an extra pair.

So yeah, that's about it! If there's any additional info needed, feel free to inquire in the forum or via pm :p

Tons of thanks!

P.S : I own a C&C BH, and a sansa clip too.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Oh sorry, C&C BH is a portable amp :p

Edit : I'm currently looking at V-moda m100s. Still wondering if i should go for that, or M2 like you said.. hmm

The M100 is a more bass oriented can.  If you want that entirely type of  very different sound signature, then it might be for you.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Hey guys, I know there's tons of questions about this so yeah, i'm sorry if its a chore! And oh, from over ear, open or closed, anything!

Anyway, i currently own a MS1, so i wondered if there's like an upgrade from that around this price range. (or more)

I regularly listen to electro, house and indie, basically everything. That's why this has been a dilemma to me.

Or : Should i save up for some higher tier ones? Cause my MS1 is amazing, but i'm itching for an extra pair.

So yeah, that's about it! If there's any additional info needed, feel free to inquire in the forum or via pm :p

Tons of thanks!

P.S : I own a C&C BH, and a sansa clip too.

Hi!

What pads do you have on your MS1s? If you're still using the original 'comfies' that came with them the first thing I'd recommend is buying some L cushion pads (the 'bowl' pads that the SR225i/325i & RS1/2 use)

This is a genuine upgrade to the MS1s and will improve the clarity, bass & soundstage. It'll bring the sound to within touching distance of the higher-end Grados. I have a some MS1i & SR325is and, when using bowl pads on both, there's really very little to choose between them.

Jul 27, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #6 of 8
Hi, I'm currently using the red and blue pads... I forgot which one were they from, and quater modded it. I think its from dt414s.

Anyway, yeah i'm looking for a seller for Ms-2... I currently found one who's selling at roughly $200.. Which is a huge freaking bargain. But no replies yet :frowning2:

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
The M100 is a more bass oriented can.  If you want that entirely type of  very different sound signature, then it might be for you.

Hey mate, would you elaborate more on it? Cause i've been hearing and seeing applause for m100, and the ms2.. I'm so torn :S

But i'll drive by to my local headphone store and give them both a try if i could. My music taste is too weird sometimes. I do enjoy music like..

Disclosure, Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, The Neighbourhood, The xx, Ed Sheeran, Franz Ferdinand, MCR, etc etc etc. Help a troubled person ease their pain :p

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

Hey mate, would you elaborate more on it? Cause i've been hearing and seeing applause for m100, and the ms2.. I'm so torn :S

But i'll drive by to my local headphone store and give them both a try if i could. My music taste is too weird sometimes. I do enjoy music like..

Disclosure, Daft Punk, Calvin Harris, The Neighbourhood, The xx, Ed Sheeran, Franz Ferdinand, MCR, etc etc etc. Help a troubled person ease their pain :p

Can't tell you much more about them, as they are not to my taste.  However, this may help:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back