help with headphones please.
Feb 14, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:
i never heard of hifi 780 so i have no idea how they sounds like but i have try many different types of headphone and own them (check my inventory) .. dt 990 is not a neutral sounding headphone like great headphone sennehier hd 650 but it is an aggressive sound headphone which gives you  strong base and heavy treble. I  check your playlist and i think dt 990 might be good.
I heard dt 880 is great headphone, maybe better than dt 990 pro but i never heard them so i can't recommend it to you.
If i were you, take the advice from all of us, audition from the local audio shop that carries hifi headphones.
also check this topic from the forum, http://www.head-fi.org/t/628259/dt990-pro-really-that-good

yeah thank you :p problem is this.. to test the ultrasone cost me about 40dollars becouse train is really expensive... and then too go and test the dt990 which is even further away 20-30dollars more resulting in about 60-70dollar in transportation.. i know its insanely crazy thats why i dont want this :/

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #17 of 23
um.... thats sucks

Feb 14, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #19 of 23
 once my girlfriend came over, she says she can hear my music so i  say yes, they do leak a lot.
maybe you should look for closed headphone then like denon ah-d 2000 or dt 770. I didnt know you gotta use them for your work.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
 once my girlfriend came over, she says she can hear my music so i  say yes, they do leak a lot.
maybe you should look for closed headphone then like denon ah-d 2000 or dt 770. I didnt know you gotta use them for your work.

nono i dont use for work :D its just if i use in my house... at "HOME" i live on first floor will they hear it in  second floor? like how loud is the leak... becouse if its like loud its fine but if its like very loud so whole house can hear then its bad. also tyvm for help :) just so unsure what to get.

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #21 of 23
Not that loud, about the 10 to 20 percent on your laptop volume, you can hear them from closed distance

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM Post #23 of 23
Ahhh I'm so sorry I missed this earlier and didn't reply! It looks like you are already ordering the DT990's though lol. From what I hear, they're very good headphones so they're still a good choice. But they are very open and perhaps a little less bass. I wouldn't have suggested them for Lil' Wayne but I haven't tried them with him. I know that you would enjoy him with the DT770's though. I tested them with a lot of hip-hop and bass heavy songs and they perform beautifully with all of them with more than enough bass and enough mids and treble to fill in as well. Open headphones would be less suitable for your genre!

Either way though, enjoy your purchase and let us know how it goes! I'd love to hear your opinion with those cans and your music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back