Help with headphone selection
Nov 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Willx

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,
Long time lurker, first time post...

I had Denon ah-d2000's unamped and they were perfect using them on my macbook/stereo system until my apartment was broken in to. I'm not sure if I should upgrade to the d5000's or another set? Comfort and fatigue is a big issue since I study with them... Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm reading posts after another and cant seem to find the right fit..

Thanks!
-Will

Nov 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #2 of 4
Heya,

Do you need closed back?

I would just get another D2000. I have both the D2000 and D5000. I prefer the D5000. But it's not that different, it's just a woodback D2000 as far as I'm concerned. I only got it because it was used and cost as much as a new D2000, so I went with it and doubled up. And I like the look of wood. It's my closed headphone to compliment my HE-500 essentially.

However, if you want to try something different, I would point you towards the Fischer Audio FA-011. It's not expensive ($118 US) and it's actually quite a capable headphone. It's warm, does bass well, but has great clear mids & fatigue-free treble. I have a lot of headphones, and the FA-011 is by far one of the best headphones for the dollar you can get.

Very best,

Nov 4, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
yea.. I prefer a closed-back... gotcha thanks a lot for your reply... I'll look into them as well... does your ear sweat on the fischer's?

Thanks!

I find the only headphones that make my ears hot/sweat are headphones that touch my ears. I use full size large cup headphones in general, as they don't touch the ears, so they never got hot for me. D2k/5k for example don't touch my ears. My HE-500 don't touch my ears. The FA-011's touch my ears unfortunately (their one flaw in my book), but they're open air, so not what you're after anyways. Also check out the Beyer DT770 PRO and Ultrasone PRO 750.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back