Help with HD800s AMP Balanced XLR with GSX1000
Dec 2, 2023 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

x7007

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I have now the Sennheiser GSX1000 USB sound card with MayFlower Objective 2, I'm using the normal unbalanced connector 6.5mm. the GSX1000 is connected to the computer using a USB cable and with 3.5mm to the AMP to Input. for a long time it worked perfectly, no hums or noises, I also had SXFI and also it worked fine, I also tested with beyerdynamic 990 pro 600ohams and it has exactly the same noises.

I want something with Natural sound that has Balanced XLR and Balanced TRS connectors, is there such a thing?
How would I connect it using a new AMP? I have the Sennheiser XLR original cable. would I need new cables? if so which ones

because I'm having distortion issues with sound, it sounds like 20$ headphones, and I can't find the issue expect with the connectors.

I've found this with only Balanced TRS connectors
https://jdslabs.com/product/el-amp-ii/

or this with Balanced XLR and many more connectors
https://www.schiit.com/products/midgard

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #2 of 8
Before spending money, try:
Set the DAC into stereo mode, not surround. Go to windows sound settings and turn off windows effects in sound card properties.
I've had the GSX1000 and it sounded horrible in anything other than normal stereo.

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Ouch man. I am sorry to say but that chain might not get what you want to get out of the HD800s. I have had a lot of trouble getting awesome sound (which I have now) out of the 800s but had to spend a bunch more. I really want to hear what others say about this situation.

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 8
Before spending money, try:
Set the DAC into stereo mode, not surround. Go to windows sound settings and turn off windows effects in sound card properties.
I've had the GSX1000 and it sounded horrible in anything other than normal stereo.
already using stereo, I am using usually with DTS Unbound windows 11, I tried both desktop with without, on laptop without, it is always the same, it was fine for some time until I moved some cables or some devices which I still don't know what, when, where. I also had issue with SXFI exactly the same noises artefacts.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #7 of 8
I am afraid I'm having weird ass issue.. The sound is also bad on my phone using the SXFI amp connected to it directly, everything just sound bad, even the speaker on the mobile phone, what kind of bloody EMI/EMF is that.

my mouse is active weird for ages now, tv randomly having more colors which is good but mainly less colors than when it has.

Can't understand this crap really. I have Online UPS which doesn't do anything and Furman P-2300 which supposed to reduce everything from the power supply. even when I am only connected to the UPS on battery I have the issue, it's something else.

Dec 10, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #8 of 8
Can't believe I've found out what causing my sound to change! it was the dust protectors of the HD800s !!! they are like squishy and too flexible seems to touch the speaker and muffle the treble bass and causing weird noises like there is hair inside it and blocking the soundstage to feel like the sound is coming from where it should be coming from, instead it's all messed up, right sound other than left because they touch differently. but if I buy new ones, would they be better and fix this instantly or I will need to put them 100% correctly for not having this weird issue??

I've also found this right after I discovered this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/112kvxa/owners_of_sennheiser_hd800hd800s_what_was_your/

So I guess my Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600ohs has hair inside it again for the 50 times even when not even using it for 3 years!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back