Help with HD650
Apr 3, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #31 of 42
Sorry guys I dont know what im talking about as well for the "3.5 to 2rca cant give you good sound.... "what a mess.....><

Sorry I just want to suggest for grabbing a good dac first if you use PC as your source.....
If you connect your amp directly to the phone out, you cant get any good sound.....

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #32 of 42
Ok! A little update.

I can get the X-Can V3 with the X-PSU for about 500$, but I don't feel the X-PSU is worth all that money, but what do i know?

So to my question, will the X-Can V3 itself without PSU be a good companion with my Senn HD-650?
And what price should i ask to buy the X-Can V3 only for? whats a good price for it, i think he have had it for a year or two.

Thanks in advance!

By the way, i feel the volume is higher on the right side? maybe its all in my head because i had the same problem with my other phones, but when i turn them around its louder on the left side. Wierd

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:29 PM Post #33 of 42
one thing- an x-fi puts out a lot of power for a sound card- almost as much as most portable amps. unless you get a nice strong desktop amp u will be underwhelmed and disappointed

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #34 of 42
Did you say your budget was $2-3000, or did you mean $2-300 as it seems that you're only looking at amps in the $200 to $300 range and used at that?

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you say your budget was $2-3000, or did you mean $2-300 as it seems that you're only looking at amps in the $200 to $300 range and used at that?

My budget is around 200-300$, sorry.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #36 of 42
Whichever amp you chose you will get a better SQ than straight out of your sound card whatever it is. Digital volume attenuation is a killer for SQ as the signal is degraded up until close to the max volume settings (forget about the bass at low volumes for example). The amp allows you to control the volume while you leave it maxed (or close enough) on your computer/audio app and that in itself makes a big difference.

Meanwhile have you played with the sound card settings? If not you should really try to optimize them first ( (set it to "speakers" instead of "headphones", use the audio creation mode etc).

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok! A little update.

I can get the X-Can V3 with the X-PSU for about 500$, but I don't feel the X-PSU is worth all that money, but what do i know?

So to my question, will the X-Can V3 itself without PSU be a good companion with my Senn HD-650?
And what price should i ask to buy the X-Can V3 only for? whats a good price for it, i think he have had it for a year or two.

I use an X-can with my 650s and think it's a good match. I haven't tried the X-PSU but I'm confident you won't be disappointed with the X-can stand alone with the 650s.

Price-wise I'd imagine you would be paying $180 - 280 for a V3......

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by radiohead7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a P-51 mustang... would that power the HD650 and how are the HD650 vs HD600 .

It would power the HD650, not optimally but it'll do. HD650 is more bassy and the HD600 a bit clearer. Personal preference and it's best to listen for yourself.

Apr 8, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #42 of 42
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...2/#post5572393

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...7/#post4575439

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/fs...7/#post5422968

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f42/sa...9/#post4973911

AudiogoN ForSale: Headroom The Max

AudiogoN ForSale: Antique Sound Labs mg otl 32 dt

Woo Audio Sound of Excellence Products

Viewing a forum - Little Dot Headphone Amplifier

Rockhopper Audio

After you guys rip up these suggestions I will post some dacs I think would be nice for the 650. BTW, if it doesn't plug into the wall then it is useless for the 650. If your amp has a rechargeble battery and you have the 650's then you have the wrong headphones for your amp. Also, why in the hell would you buy a Sennheiser 650 and feed it crap from a sound card? Once again if you have a sound card for a source and the 650's then you have the wrong headphones. If it were me then I would go for an amp now and use the sound card I have and save up for a dac if funds are short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back