Help With Gaming PC - To those with knowledge, I need your help!
Dec 21, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #76 of 82
Why do you feel the need to hate on AMD in EVERY computer thread? They make great value for money processors.

And the fact that you said "Not gonna read the full thread" made it even worse. Do you seriously just go around looking for threads you can trash on AMD in?

Dec 21, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #77 of 82

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to hate on AMD in EVERY computer thread? They make great value for money processors.

And the fact that you said "Not gonna read the full thread" made it even worse. Do you seriously just go around looking for threads you can trash on AMD in?

Haha, I am not trying to trash AMD. I think they make great budget CPU's (sub $150) but I personally would go with a hexacore just yet. Few applications use quad core as it is. I have an AMD processor myself actually.
I wrote that when I was on 3 hours of sleep and a stressful day, not in the best of moods. Sorry if it seemed as if I came across as condescending or rude. 

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #78 of 82
Hey just putting in my input - here's a cheap builld that will let you play crysis (and many other games) easily on high settings.

CPU: Intel Core i5 760 $210
You dont particularly need an i7 to be able to play fantastic games, i7's are more for multi tasking/threading and generally, i5's are the better choice if you consider price

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E PRO $195
asus have been making great motherboards over the years and this product is the same. This is a quality board.

RAM: G.Skill-Ripjaws 4GB DDR3-1333 $73
4GB is easily enough to get you through graphic intense games - especially with a 1333 model that will allow you to overclock your settings

SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 E Series 60GB SSD $149
A solid state drive is reccomended in any computer these days, the drives spin faster and games load faster.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB $104
SATA drives are just the same nowadays - its just a matter of finding the cheaper ones.

GPU1: 1GB AMD Radeon HD6850 $199
GPU2: 1GB AMD Radeon HD6850 $199
2gb worth of 6850 will get you through ANY game. Trust me on this, it will be a worthy investment for many years to come

Case: Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced $125
This is just my personal preference :)

PSU: Antec Truepower New 550W $105
This PSU will definately be enough to power everything within your case

ODD: LiteOn DVD burner $25
you MIGHT want a device which is blu-ray enabled but it doesnt really matter for me :)

CPU HSF: Coolermaster Universal Hyper 212+ $31
This fan is great, no need for any of that fancy liquid cooling with this baby :D

TOTAL: $1415
This is of course what it costs in AUSTRALIA so in the US, or generally, anywhere else in the world it will be even cheaper!

i predict it would cost around 1200 in other countries

Dec 22, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #80 of 82
IMO fancy cases are just a waste of money, unless you plan to do extreme overclocking or have money to burn.

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #81 of 82

Quote:
IMO fancy cases are just a waste of money, unless you plan to do extreme overclocking or have money to burn.

Agreed, but if you move your case around a lot like I do, a sturdy case is invaluable, like my 900, whereas I have broken cheaper cases. My brothers case though that I just found him, was about 35, from a non name brand, but you could murder at least 6 or 7 prostitutes with it before it broke, so I think the material is probably more important than the flashy. I really wish I would have gone full tower for myself though.

And to the kid that said go for a cheapo motherboard before, I disagree, you can go cheap, just make sure its from a top brand.

Dec 24, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #82 of 82

Quote:
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 E Series 60GB SSD $149
A solid state drive is reccomended in any computer these days, the drives spin faster and games load faster.

While I agree on the SSD part, that drive is highly overpriced, you can get a comparable drive for much less, but that drive does go on sale frequently. I would go for a Samsung or an Adata, but thats just what I've had experience with. Hell if you have a microcenter near, you can pick up their house brand for 99 dollars which is a nice rebrand.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, just didn't read this part till then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back