savan

New Head-Fier
i dont like the whole ipod thing and want a nice mp3 player
i found that cowon has good SQ and stuff
i looked online and was stuck between s9, c2 and j3
first which is the newest model and also which is the oldest one
which has most function and the best audio quality

i was thinking the j3 but at the same time was thinking of c2
i know the screen difference but is anything else difference and cowon has earbuds for like 25bucks
are those different from the ones that come with c2 or j3 or are they if you lost it or if you just want the buds
not going to be watching a lot of video but it still would be nice and also i am looking for the cheapest option

must have radio
would be nice to have buttons not just touch screen

Here are my priority
Sound Quality
Functions
screen size
speakers (doesnt have to have It)
battery
simplicity

what about the v5

and would you recommend any other brand mp3 player other then this
and also the music since i know that this has the jetaudio thing would the music from itunes work or are there some special kind of music file to get the best quality
need it as soon as i can

Jun 27, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 9
Take C2 - this is the latest and the least costly;for what you will get(features and superb sonic qualities),you may say - it is cheap - 135bucks only.!It is also small.
Monies,which you will save - spend on very good IEMs and good memory cards.You will have 48G onboard,can you fill it up?

Jun 27, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 9
oh ok
do the c2 j3 and the v5 have the same sound quality?
and since i dont know %$#&*%) about amp and headphones for music
could anyone recommend me a good kind of cheap amp and a good cheap headset

Do the cowons ever go on sale on july 4th since the v5 on amazon is about 259.99 right now (50 more then the j3)

is the amp the thing that basically put more power into the headphones so it doesnt suck up the power from the mp3 right
and do the amp make the SQ difference or are all amp the same and its just the mp3

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 9
The thing is that cowon has been using the same telechips wolfson combo since the stone ages.
and they got the software implementation down pretty good. so the sound quality is quite decent. i just wish they would upgrade the hardware some day, till now its been the bane of their PMP´s and crippled the D3 android player.

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 9
I think the "ear buds" are the same through out their product line.

I have the J3 16g, and I love it. I too would like to know if the sound quality is the same through out their product line. I could not find a definitive answer regarding that. To me SQ was the most important, I did not care for video etc etc...   but because I couldn't find the answer regarding sq, I just purchased the best they had at the time.

I don't use the Cowon Ear Buds, I use Custom IEMs or non customs such as the ER4P

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jun 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #6 of 9
ok so i am stuck between c2 or the v5
c2 is about 140bucks and the v5 is about 260 on amazon
now i still need a good headset that WONT leak any sound
i know that some entry level audiphilie headphone had reviews where it said that they leake sound
is this true because i was thinking or getting the grado sr60i or the Audio Technica ATH AD700

which one c2 or the v5 is the newer model
and a good cheap amp for the headset that doesnt require a usb plug to operate unless if you are charging it
would be nice if it had rechargeble batteries

and any cheaper headsets then the model i listed

and one more thing is the music files (since cowon has such audipphilic sq on music ) does that mean that the file format are different or is it the uncompressed version of the music you are playing
would itune music files work the same as files from other site or do you need to get uncompressed versions of songs for this mp3
and what website has that to offer

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 9
If you use a droid-type phone, that has the makings of a really good mp3 player. I was going the Cowon route until I upgraded my phone to a Samsung Galaxy S type phone. I discovered that by installing Voodoo sound control and Neutron player, the sound quality is unbelievable, with no amping  needed either. If you have an upgrade coming on your phone, that can possibly save you tons of money as my new phone cost me something like $100 bucks and now I have phone, music, video and a mini-computer all wrapped in one.

Jun 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #9 of 9
yea but my epic 4g cant even last a 9hr flight and you are suppose to keep the cell phones off
and is this a good headset when paired up with a amp
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Klipsch+-+Image+One+Over-the-Ear+Headphones+-+Black/Chrome/2147049.p?id=1218311134006&skuId=2147049

Users who are viewing this thread

Back