Help with electronica genrefication
Sep 3, 2006 at 2:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

trains are bad

Headphoneus Supremus
These are the electronica CDs I have

Shpongle-tales of the inexpressible

Juno Reactor-Shango

Ott-Blumenkraft

Now Juno reactor is more fast paced, OTT is more chill, and Shpongle, is shpongle. Anyway, are they representative of any genres at all? I've never really listened to anything like the OTT CD and nobody seems to ever have heard of it at all. But I'm really getting into it. There has to be some way to get a fix of some similar stuff and genrefication is the only way I know of, if nobody has ever heard it so you can't tell them you want something like it.

And what exactly is 'techno'. The word 'techno' always seems to come up when I play basically anything electronic around ignorant people.

Sep 3, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 7
Well I guess Blumenkraft is somewhere around Worldbeat, downbeat and illbient. Which doesn't do me a whole lot of good as far as finding more electroncia, but thanks for the awesome guide.

Sep 3, 2006 at 6:56 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad

Shpongle-tales of the inexpressible

Juno Reactor-Shango

Ott-Blumenkraft

hey trains, you have good taste, on my itunes i call this "Dub, Ambient & New Age", call it what you like, but this music seems to be it's own (more laid back, magical, with dub, loosely connected to psy-trance)

have you heard younger brother "a flock of bleeps" (simon posford & benji vaughan)
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GIGANTOID
Air
Boards of Canada
Baby Mammoth
Kruder & Dorfmeister
Tortoise
Placebo
Ulrich Schnauss

Should be in any electronic collection. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronica should help narrow your search.

I have do disagree with you on this expecially baby mammoth(who are they????),Tortoise (instrumental rock) and Placebo (more rock music).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back