Help with EF1 Channels?
May 11, 2009 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

crossmd

100+ Head-Fier
I've been running my akg k702's though the set up in my profile for a while and just recently, the right ear on my akgs gave out. For about an hour tonight, I could spin the 1/4" jack in the socket until both channels came in, but now its gone completely. This only came up tonight, as it was fine prior to now. I know its not the headphones because the amp doesn't send a right side to any of the phones I put through it.

What happened?

Thanks in advance!

-Matt

May 11, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi Matt,

What are you using as your source? I had a similar problem when using my PC via Foobar -> Zero DAC -> EF1. I even sent it back to Fang for some testing and it turns out it was the setup on my PC. Here's a guide I used to fix it: EAC Foobar ASIO4ALL WASAPI Settings Pictorial

In summary, turn the volume on your source all the way up (100%) and manage your volume through your EF1.

May 11, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #3 of 7
Huh..thats interesting. As a source, I'm using verified FLAC mostly ripped off of CDs, moved to an external hard drive and run through Songbird on OSX.

So I'm basically not pushing the signal hard enough through the computer/DAC? Should it really have to have a maximum signal to output to both left and right headphone channels? That seems sort of ridiculous for an amp that I consider to be of such quality.

Also, doesn't the active volume control on the EF1 usually respond best to atleast 10 o' clock on the volume dial? At maximum signal output, this puts me in an uncomfortable situation volume-wise.

I'll try all of this in just a sec though..thanks for your help!

May 11, 2009 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Update: The stronger signal seemed to remedy the issue, at least for the immediate moment.

Just out of curiousity, why is this the case? Does it have something to do with the active volume pot? The posted link was all very confusing, as I've never had to run any software for the Gigalab. ..Just for future reference.
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back