[help with eBay] Best offer: offer received
Mar 2, 2006 at 10:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Organizer for Can Jam '09
I've received an offer that I might be interested in accepting, but I am not sure when it will expire since an alert indicates it will expire in 3 hour and 50 mins and in the offer box on the far left of my screen indicates 27h 50m. These two conflicting expiration times are for the same offer, which I received yesterday morning. And according to what I have read on eBay "help" I should have at least 48 hours to decide to accept after receiving an offer. I've email eBay, but I am afraid eBay won't response within 4 hours.

I am concerned because I don't want to loss the right to accept the offer, but would prefer to wait as long as I can because someone might submit a higher offer. Can anyone explain what is going on?

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 3
I have recently received a few 2nd chance offers as well. I believe the window of opportunity I was given was just over 1 month to act. This long of a period to act is inconsequential anyway because other people were given the same offer so you should act as quickly as possible.

It's also wise to contact the seller directly at this point as they may be willing to negotiate the price even more if they haven't sold the product already. Definitiely try making an offer--chances are it will be accepted if it's reasonable enough. Great deals are possible.

Bonne Chance!

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Beware of scammers...

My Uncle lost a few thousand dollars on a 2nd chance offer. If only he had talked to me before signing up to ebay sigh.

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back