Help with ear tips
Jun 13, 2014 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Danimal1

New Head-Fier
Hi I am going from a Klipsch X10i to the FX850's and the Zero Audio  Carbo Tenore however I am having a fitting problem with the ear tips. It seems the large ovals from Klipsch were perfect for me but the large ones from the others are a bit too big and are uncomfortable to wear. The medium tips are too small for me.  I also tried double flanges and they have the same issue. 

Are there any companies that make oval tips for the IEMs I own ? Or is there  any place I can tips a bit smaller than the stock larger ones that most companies sell ?

Thanks 

Jun 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 4
Sadly, the oval tips that Klipsch uses are patented and only they provide them (to my limited knowledge, I might be wrong). You could try using the old tips or buying from them as extra accessories.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi, just thought I use this thread instead of creating a new one. I'm looking for some comfortable silicone tips. Preferably single or double flange ones that will fit a 4.5mm stem or a Brainwavz R1.

Nearly all the stock tips they came with failed to keep their shape, resembling tricorne. The double flange fits my ear well but they get uncomfortable after 30 min or so and I really don't feel like replacing comply tips every 3 months as they're not easy or cheap to replace where I'm at. The stock tips provided are also meant to fit a smaller diameter stems so it's quite a bit of an annoyance to get it to fit as well as having a tapered down nozzle profile which I think causes some airy hiss to be audible with some instruments. (not noticable on the double flange since it's long enough).

Would be great if anyone know of a comfortable silicone tips that fits the stem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back