Help with DT880 pro
Jul 13, 2011 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ddan6815

New Head-Fier
Can someone please help me figure out which year DT 880 pro I purchased? From all the post I've read I'm a little confused. I recently purchased a pair 880 pro the other day that came with a soft case rather than the leather case that most claims comes with the unit.they do however have the head band that snaps, and the y shape yoke is black rather than the aluminum color that shows on most of the pictures, and the y shape yoke goes inside the headband rather than run up the side of the headband like most of the pictures. 

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:34 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Can someone please help me figure out which year DT 880 pro I purchased? From all the post I've read I'm a little confused. I recently purchased a pair 880 pro the other day that came with a soft case rather than the leather case that most claims comes with the unit.they do however have the head band that snaps, and the y shape yoke is black rather than the aluminum color that shows on most of the pictures, and the y shape yoke goes inside the headband rather than run up the side of the headband like most of the pictures. 

Heya,

Click here. See if that helps.

Very best,

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Heya,

Click here. See if that helps.

Very best,

you never cease to amaze me, always got the right answer, thats exactly what i was looking for, now tell me which one do you think would be best for my type application, I have the ones on the left the pro model, which definately has a tight fit, and they definatly isolate outside noise, not quite as comfortable as I would like around the ears, wondering if they might loosen up a little with time...

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
you never cease to amaze me, always got the right answer, thats exactly what i was looking for, now tell me which one do you think would be best for my type application, I have the ones on the left the pro model, which definately has a tight fit, and they definatly isolate outside noise, not quite as comfortable as I would like around the ears, wondering if they might loosen up a little with time...

Heya,

What's your type of application for these phones?

The Pro's all seem to be tighter on the head. Even the premiums grip to an extent. I put them around the widest end of my recliner chair so they're stretched out and leave 'em there when I'm not using them. Takes away some tightness.

DT880's shouldn't isolate very much. They're semi-open. You'll hear less noise around you since they're semi-open, but they will still leak both in and out. They're otherwise a relatively neutral headphone so good for nearly any application (and with an EQ tweak can be made into something for a specific genre).

Very best,

Jul 13, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Heya,

What's your type of application for these phones?

The Pro's all seem to be tighter on the head. Even the premiums grip to an extent. I put them around the widest end of my recliner chair so they're stretched out and leave 'em there when I'm not using them. Takes away some tightness.

DT880's shouldn't isolate very much. They're semi-open. You'll hear less noise around you since they're semi-open, but they will still leak both in and out. They're otherwise a relatively neutral headphone so good for nearly any application (and with an EQ tweak can be made into something for a specific genre).

Very best,

Mostly acoustical guitar, piano, and female jazz vocals, just curious how the consumer edition will sound compared to these. guitar center got me a pair coming in tomorrow, not sure if i wanna trade these in for those, i guess i'm comparing the isolation to the fully open ad 700,which i had , could nearly hear everything around me....these have very nice bass, and i really like the coiled cord, once you get them in a comfortable position they feel pretty good. beyer has another company handling the pro model now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back