Help with deals/prices on Shure SE530
Apr 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

qspeedss

Banned
Hey guys. I really need your advice.

As far as I know, Shure customer service is fantastic. Its amazing, from what ive heard.

Im looking at the Shure SE530 or the SE530PTH. So far, on ebay, I am looking at a powerseller with 12000+ feedback and his overall feedback being 99.9%. He is selling the SE530 for $249.00 and the SE530PTH for $299.00. On Headroom, the price right now for the SE530 is around $330 and the SE530PTH is about $410. The catch is, Headroom is an authorized dealer, so i get the 2 year warrenty. The ebay seller, however, is selling the earphones without the warrenty. Insted, he offers the Squaretrade 3 year warrenty for $35. Ive read some review of Squaretrade and about half says that it is a scam. Im not too sure thats the way to go. I really want the warrenty because I want to be able to return it if something goes wrong and get a new pair ASAP. However, Is it worth $80-$110 for the warrenty??

Ive heard some problems about the SE530 but not a lot. Something about the wires. I really need you veterans to help me about because I think that the headroom offer is about to end.

One more thing. With ebay, I can use paypal, which I have all the funds. However, if I go with headroom, I can not use paypal because I am not verified. I would have to explain to my mom why the heck im spending close to $400 on earphones and not sending it to darfur. I can get her to give it to me but theres going to be a lot of headache and will take a lot of effort.

P.S.
I really like the PTH device, but I think I can do without if it costs too much.
I will also take recommendations for earphones in the price range if anyone wants to give me some. I have about $360, but my budget is about $400 as I can get that money quick. My use for the earphones is mostly on the bus with the rockboxed ipod. Sometimes recording piano. I dont really want over ear though. If you have a spectacular over ear recommendation, go ahead and post it though. I'll check it out.

Apr 15, 2008 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 6
6ave.com has a deal. 30% off shure headphones using coupon code AFLSHURE. i got the se530pth for 349.95 with free shipping. i called shure cs and asked if they would honor their warranty even though 6ave wasnt listed as an authorized retailer. they said it was ok just as long as i have proof of purchase. and just in case you are wondering, i dont work for them

Apr 15, 2008 at 10:22 AM Post #3 of 6
Try the SE530 without the PTH first. If you decide you would like to have it you can always buy it later ... perhaps used. Choose an authorized dealer. Better yet, choose one of our sponsers such as Headroom or Todd The Vinyl Junkie.

Apr 17, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 6
by the way, the-deal-spot is a great ebayer. Very fast shipping. Great communication as well. They have the se530 for $279 and the se530pth for $300. They go fast guys! but i think he has a huge inventory. He sets the auction up for 10 at a time and they usually go within 2 or 3 days. Then he restocks it with another 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back