Help with DAC in system chain
Nov 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

meyner

100+ Head-Fier
Hi i will soon have a system chain of LCD-3, Soloist, and a Maverick D2 dac.

Personally i think this system would be pretty good but personally i am not sure if the quality of the dac is up to par. I understand a DAC is a important part of a system but how much of a difference does it really make when you buy a DAC thats worth close to a thousand versus a DAC thats around 300 dollars? Is the difference really noticeable when you purchase $ 1 k+ DACs? I personally don't mind if i had to spend good money for a good amp and headphone but i find myself hesitating to spend equally large amounts in something like a dac. Is this notion wrong? I apologize if this is a question thats been throughly answered and if that is the case i would greatly appreciate it if someone can post a link that can give me knowledge regarding this matter. 

Nov 7, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 2
Unless you compare measurements you are not going to know for sure if anything, regardless of price, sounds better to your ears until you hear it in person.

Everyone has different biology, experience, and preferences so unless you want a pile of opinion you are going to have to try out different equipment yourself preferably side by side and not the differences yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back