Help with connectivity.
Jun 30, 2011 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Gwarlek

Head-Fier
Recently I decided to get rid of my amp equipment and go for active speakers. Right now I am stuck trying to figure out how to connect subwoofer to accompany active monitors.

So far my configuration:
PC --> M2Tech Hiface --> Audio-gd DAC19DSP --> Audio-gd Phoenix --> Dynaudio BM5A MKII

My subwoofer has all kind of inputs. Here is the picture:

Anyone with similar experience? I am in a good relationship with soldering iron, if needed.
Thanks for any help!

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 4
very good question! - I think I have a good solution, or suggestion, for you. I have a sub system set up in back of the listening area. Separate sub and slave amp. My solution was, instead of running a LONG ass analog interconnect, run a toslink glass cable to a DAC. Then short interconnects to the slave amp. Very good results. Give that a try. Any decent DAC will do.

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 4
Run the RCA outputs from the Phoenix to the L/R inputs of the sub and the L/R XLR outs from the Phoenix to the Dynaudio monitors. Set your xover point as low as possible on the sub and then blend the system so that it sounds natural between the sub/satellites.

You'll need an extra set of RCA cables for the sub but it should work fine like this.  I'm pretty sure the XLR/RCA outputs on the Phoenix are active at the same time...(from redoing the wiring on the I/O panels of my Phoenix) I see no reason that they wouldn't be.

Peete.

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricklely Peete

Set your xover point as low as possible on the sub and then blend the system so that it sounds natural between the sub/satellites.

Yeah, this sub does it just perfectly with 1 Hz steps and digital indicator.

Quote:
Pricklely Peete said:
You'll need an extra set of RCA cables for the sub but it should work fine like this.  I'm pretty sure the XLR/RCA outputs on the Phoenix are active at the same time...(from redoing the wiring on the I/O panels of my Phoenix) I see no reason that they wouldn't be.

Wow, thats just good news if it is true. I was gonna make some smart-ass cable which pairing XLR and RCA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back