Help with computer audio setup
Mar 26, 2015 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ckyr

Head-Fier
Hi.
I own a Schiit Valhalla amplifier that is currently connected to a peachtree integrated dac/amp. I will be moving the peachtree system to a different room and I was looking for a new, low cost integrated dad/amp system for my computer audio. Requirements are a DAC, a line out output to connect my Valhalla and an amp to be able to power small speakers.
I saw another peachtree product (music box), but it doesn't have a line out output.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #2 of 7
Why not get a standalone DAC and split the signal to your headphone amp and a separate speaker amp? If this is for desktop use, a t-amp would generally work pretty well for speakers.

Mar 26, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Yes, it is meant for desktop use.

I would prefer a compact system though. That's why I was looking into an integrated dac/amp solution with a line out option.

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 7
There aren't a hole lot of digital integrated amplifiers like that, most low cost options will be analog and need a DAC for USB input.

Yamaha has a digital stereo receiver, the R-N500, but only Optical/Digital Coax inputs.

Mar 26, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Yes, it is meant for desktop use.

I would prefer a compact system though. That's why I was looking into an integrated dac/amp solution with a line out option.

The Schiit Modi 2 (or Modi 2 Uber) is a very small DAC. Then this Indeed digital amp or Topping t-amp would take up less room than the Cambridge amp if you want something very compact (check the dimension specs).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back