Help with comfortable and bassy portable headphones - which ones to get?
Jan 8, 2014 at 12:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

MrRockliffe

Head-Fier
I would like to get some portable headphones as my beyers are too bulky.

I gave some Sennheiser HD201s a listen the other day and quite like the sound. 

How do the Pro 700 MK2 compare to the Custom One Pros? Is the M50 a better option, or are the any other good portable headphones for that price?

I listen to mostly bass heavy music.

My Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros have got to go back because the left ear has blown (rattles with bass) and I'd like some headphones that sound similar.

To give you an idea, I really really like the sound of the Sennheiser Momentums.

Clear but not harsh, mostly balanced but slightly leaning towards bass.

Comfort and portability are big factors.

Will be used along with an Xperia Z1

Budget of 200 GBP, but the less I spend the better.

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 5
UE6000 wouldn't be for me - noise cancelling isn't something that I want to have as from experience it makes everything sound processed.

The custom one pro are brilliant headphones and sound amazing But it's just a pain that the left ear rattles (it's bust and need to be sent back)

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #5 of 5
UE6000 wouldn't be for me - noise cancelling isn't something that I want to have as from experience it makes everything sound processed.

The custom one pro are brilliant headphones and sound amazing But it's just a pain that the left ear rattles (it's bust and need to be sent back)

Tbh, I listen to my ue6000's with anc off the majority of the time and they sound great. When I purchased these cans (I'm listening to them as I write this), like you I needed them to be comfy, portable and they needed to sound great. They are the most comfortable set of headphones I have every tried on, I can wear them for hours and I have some big ears lol. They fold up, come with a pouch AND they sound great.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back