Help with comcast and high ping.
Apr 29, 2005 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

enzoferrari650

Headphoneus Supremus
So I have comcast cable internet and I play counterstrike. For the past few weeks, I've been getting serious lag problems. First I thought the internet is just slow so I was going to try and switch service providers. I get an average of 200 ping to my gamedaemons server which I pay for, that I used to get 15 ping on a few weeks ago. So I try my dads dsl on this computer and bam, its at 15 ping. But then I went back to my cable and did some speed tests and found the speeds to be normal. I seem to have 2.5mbps download and 350 kbps upload, but somehow I get 200 ping to a server in LA that I used to ping 20 on?

I don't know what it could be and i've been frustrated and confused trying to figure it out. Someone please help me.

Apr 29, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 4
i've had friends in this situation. the best thing to do is contact your isp, bc there's things they can do to help remedy the situation. i know maybe 3-4 ppl who have remedied this situation just by doing that.

i see you live in cali, if you ever wanna scrim or pub, msg me on aim.
smily_headphones1.gif
i'm pretty good, if i do say so myself!

Apr 29, 2005 at 8:00 AM Post #3 of 4
yea, call the isp

dsl is way more stable than cable, giving better pings

my adelphia cable plan is @ 4000/386 and has great download speeds, but my pings are only good in the servers close to me in LA (7bit, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back