Help with CIEM decision InEarz or '64audio
Oct 4, 2016 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

toothlesrooster

New Head-Fier
I'm a musician.  Drummer.  We play on a silent stage and I've been playing with Shure SE210's.  Don't like 'em.  I've tried everything but CIEM's and when I sweat, they all want to pop out.  I'm looking to spend no more than $400 (not including the cost of my impressions".  I've been highly recommended to go with '64audio as several of my band mates have them, but until recently all of their models were out of my price range.  Now they have the A2e and it's JUST in my price range.  It's a dual driver unit and I've heard nothing but great stuff about '64.  The other's that I found and was going to pull the trigger on were the InEarz P350's.  They have excellent reviews and recommendations as well.  With the recessed jack, they are within $30 of the '64's.  I'm kind of at an impasse with which to go for.  Punchy lows are a must, but I need some separation with decent mid's and high's as well. Isolation is also super important and the ADEL technology looks awesome, but looks like the isolation isn't quite as good as the InEarz.  From what I can see, about 6 dB difference.

What do you guys think?

Gavin

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Have you seen Alclair Reference CIEMs?

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 4
I did look at those, and the tour tripple driver. From their description the Tour Tripple Driver is what I would want. It's got the sound I need, but it's out of my price range. From the looks of it, the Dual XB fits the bill at $100 cheaper than my budget ceiling.

But instead of answering my question, you've thrown a monkey wrench in there. Now I have three to choose from! Which one and why? '64audio for their experience and sound? InEarz has more drivers and great reviews? Alclaire is $100 cheaper, are they as good? I'm seriously confused.

Gavin

Oct 5, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #4 of 4
I do not have any experience with 64 audio yet, but do have a prototype reference pair of inearz they are planning on releasing. The quality of the inearz is on par with anything i have ever received from Ultimate Ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back