Help with choosing Over-the-Ear headphones with 3 button mic for user with iPhone / MacBook
Jan 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cynicaljoy

New Head-Fier
I would like to find a pair of headphones that have the following (in order of importance):

• Comfortable for long durations - I am going to be spending a lot of time on the phone; I have ear piercings and have not had great success with headphones that don't make my ears hurt after only an hour or two.
  • In-line Microphone for use with iPhone & MacBook
  • Sound Quality
  • Noise Isolation/Cancellation - I am not sold on one or the other here. I will making calls from an open office environment that is noisy. 
  • Detachable Cable - I would like to have the cable be interchangeable/replaceable
  • Replaceable ear pads

I'm not an audiophile so the quality isn't the driving factor for me, so I'd like to remain under $100 but am wiling to go up if there is a real cost benefit to it in the long term, whether that is quality or customer support.

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 4
There's no perfect headphone:

In line microphone tend to degrade sound quality, IEMs are not precisely comfortable, and piercings won't help you, for long sessions it would be better to use over the ear.

I could suggest the same one I have (I have the ordinary cable, but you can buy an extra cable) with foam tips included for external isolation.
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE215-K-Earphones-CBL-M--Remote/dp/B0050L5VO4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358857402&sr=8-3&keywords=shure+se215

Hope it helps

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 4
Appreciate the suggestion, though it seems that you contradict yourself. You say for long sessions it would be better to use over the ear headphones (which is what I am looking for) but then you link out to a pair of IEMs. I have a pair of IEMs that I am fine with, but they do not have the in-line mic which I need.

I just ordered a pair of Klipsch Image Ones, I'm not totally sold on these headphones but we'll see how it goes. >> Still open to other suggestions <<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back