help with choosing computer speakers
Dec 28, 2009 at 1:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

moofs

100+ Head-Fier
ok...so the title pretty much tells it all. I want to spend about 100 bucks. Here is what i found so far: let me know what you think and if you have any other ideas.

X-540 5.1 Speaker System

Z-4 2.1 Speaker System

X-240 2.1 Speaker System

Cyber Acoustics 3-Piece Multimedia Speaker System Reviews | 24 reviews | Buzzillions.com

-----
Sidenote: It will be hooked up to a macbook pro and will have it in a dorm for 1 more semester then an apt if you would like to know.

The first link i posted is my top choice the others are just maybes...what do you think?

Dec 28, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 4
for a little bit more, u can get the maudio av40's. i hear those are very good for the price, better than what u listed. i never heard them tho, just what i read.

i hope ur not planning on buying those from the logitech website. u can find them much cheaper on other sites.

Dec 28, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 4
I've had the Z-4 for the last two years now, and I don't like them.
In my opinion the two speakers are too small, so they don't extend into the lower frequencies too well, and if I turn up the subwoofer to remedy this, it just adds some boomy rumbling in the very low frequencies. There is a region in the low-mids/high-bass which I miss with this set.

This has been my first 2.1 set, but if/when I decide to replace them, I believe I would not go for that again. I would rather go for a pair of decent full-range speakers.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriktous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the Z-4 for the last two years now, and I don't like them.
In my opinion the two speakers are too small, so they don't extend into the lower frequencies too well, and if I turn up the subwoofer to remedy this, it just adds some boomy rumbling in the very low frequencies. There is a region in the low-mids/high-bass which I miss with this set.

This has been my first 2.1 set, but if/when I decide to replace them, I believe I would not go for that again. I would rather go for a pair of decent full-range speakers.

the z-4 sounds alright with stock onboard sound.. but with an external sound card like the x-fi xtreme music or the xonar d2s, they sound a lot better. the sound stage is very much improved .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back