Help with choosing an appropriate amp for Movie sound
Nov 24, 2015 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ron45

New Head-Fier
As that question formed in my head I realized that such an amp would need to handle a broad spectrum of sounds.

`got a fairly inexpensive walmart big screen for watching movies. We haven't had TV since 83 but watch movies often. The sound is disheartening on this player. I think it's mostly the speakers. But I'd like an amp that while sounding good did not require a lot of power to function. We live off grid. So while we have enough power we are careful with it. Could 25 to 40 watts per channel handle out needs? We don't listen at a high volume. I'm not an electronics tech so I'm unsure what I need as opposed to want. I'm not looking for audiophile grade sound just something that you can stand to listen to music on or a movie without  down grading the  experience. 150.00 or  less would be great. I missed an NAD amp a while ago. That would be overkill but it was a 100 bux!. Thank you for your time.

Ron

Nov 24, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 2

Hi Ron - yes, most new flat screen TVs have bad sound.  They are not deep enough to incorporate decent speakers.  Take a look at some of the soundbars that are now available.  These are targeted at exactly what you are trying to do.

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back