Help with Chaintech AV-710
Mar 7, 2008 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

FinnishPower

Head-Fier
I recently got an AV-710 but am having troubles installing it. I downloaded the drivers from here VIA Arena - Display Drivers

What I wish to do is to set it up as a transport to my dac through spdif. Once I installed the drivers when I open ASIO4ALL it is telling me that the AV-710 is Beyond Logic.
I am currently using the ASIO output plugin for Winamp and no music is currently player.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mar 7, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #4 of 10
Thats the version I've been using to get bit perfect output to my receiver. Works fine for me.
Have you tried using Kernel Streaming?

Mar 7, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrKazador /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats the version I've been using to get bit perfect output to my receiver. Works fine for me.
Have you tried using Kernel Streaming?

As in Kernal Streaming plug-in for Winamp?

Mar 7, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #6 of 10
4.73b comes highly recommended
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #7 of 10
Installed version 4.73b and now it works, but i am having some issues whenever I change songs I am getting a popping sound and when my computers screensaver kicks in the sounds drops out

Mar 9, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #8 of 10
That setup guide is really meant for analog output. For digital output, many people have flashed the AV-710 with firmware from the Audiotrak line (ex. Prodigy 7.1) in order to use that company's drivers, though doing this will disable the AV-710's analog outputs.

Otherwise, the most recent driver release for the AV-710 should work as well as any other when using the card as a digital transport. Check VIA Arena for the latest drivers for your operating system.

When using KS or ASIO with the AV-710, you won't be able to hear more than one sound stream at a time. For example, if a Windows sound plays while you're listening to music, it will interrupt the audio. Most people disable Windows sounds and other programs when bypassing the Windows mixer in order to avoid these drop-outs. The other alternative is to stick with DirectSound output; that way, you can listen to multiple sounds.

Mar 9, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That setup guide is really meant for analog output. For digital output, many people have flashed the AV-710 with firmware from the Audiotrak line (ex. Prodigy 7.1) in order to use that company's drivers, though doing this will disable the AV-710's analog outputs.

Otherwise, the most recent driver release for the AV-710 should work as well as any other when using the card as a digital transport. Check VIA Arena for the latest drivers for your operating system.

When using KS or ASIO with the AV-710, you won't be able to hear more than one sound stream at a time. For example, if a Windows sound plays while you're listening to music, it will interrupt the audio. Most people disable Windows sounds and other programs when bypassing the Windows mixer in order to avoid these drop-outs. The other alternative is to stick with DirectSound output; that way, you can listen to multiple sounds.

The problem with the music dropping out with the screensaver has disappeared.

I am currently not able to listen to more than one stream at a time.

Could you please explain to me how to flash the card for the prodigy 7.1 since I am only going to be using the Digital Out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back