Help with bookshelf speakers!
Aug 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Max598

Head-Fier
I am going to be getting some bookshelf speakers for my new room.  I have about $200 of Best Buy credit so ill probably be getting some polk tsi100s.  What my main concern is how I am going to hook them up to my macbook pro.

Right now my source looks like this:  Macbook pro > Hrt musicstreamer 2 > litledot mk3 > _______ > (soon to be) bookshelf speakers

I am wondering what would go in that space to power the speakers.  I have read all about integrated amps and recievers and stuff and I am still really confused.  I would also like whatever component goes there to be pretty cheap.  Any Suggestions?

Aug 13, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #2 of 2
Only thing I would suggest is go bass light on the monitors, if you need bass go with a woofer.

I got the a5's for balance but setting them up properly due to resonances from its built in woofer is proving troublesome.  Question is why arey ou running an HPA to the speaker amp. 

You can use something like this http://cgi.ebay.com/HLLY-TAMP-10-Class-T-TA2024-HiFi-AMP-AMPLIFIER-/160634637388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566920c4c if your going cheap.  Or get a better speaker amp, possibly a Home Theater receiver with speaker outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back