Help with Bluetooth earbuds.
Dec 3, 2023 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

drewburton54

New Head-Fier
Hi all.
Please forgive my lack of knowledge but.....
If I was to buy some Bluetooth earbuds with hi resolution codecs supported by my devices do I benefit in any way by the quality of the device that is sending the high Res file assuming that such device supports that resolution.
What I am trying to say is, will I hear the same sound wether I am using a £100 device or one that costs several thousand when listening to the same file/track?
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Dec 3, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #2 of 4
Hey man look into the aptX codec what it means and its certification and make sure both the devices that transmit music and your earphones are certified. If they are aptX high res or wireless its even better. Also note that the backbone of a Hi-Fi system are the music files itself so if your music files are not lossless then the entire thing doesnt make any sense. I hope this thread propels you into right direction if you still want help you can shoot me a dm with any of your questions.

Dec 3, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Not sure if this will be helpful information, but it was something I was surprised to hear on my journey, so in case it's helpful. Depending on your use case, if you're just trying to maximize sound per dollar, you might get better results with a well-regarded Bluetooth dongle and some budget IEM's. I just checked the price of the Jabra Elite 7 actives on Amazon and am currently seeing $158, and I know for a fact, my OG Heart Mirrors, or my ZS10 Pros, paired with the Qudelix-5K can both blow the Jabras away in terms of sound quality and technicalities, and the budget space has evolved so much, neither of those IEM's are pack leaders in there price bracket anymore. For running or hard workouts, you would definitely still want traditional TWS, but I find for light activity, putting the dongle in my pocket and running the cord under my shirt is plenty convenient enough for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back