Help with Beats Solo HD Headephones
Jun 10, 2014 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ravs05

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

This is my first post so I do apologise in advance if I haven't followed all the rules required.

I recently was gifted with a Pair of Beats Solo HD Headphones and currently using it with my iPhone/iPad. Yes, I am very much tied into Apple's echo system right from the time of iPod Shuffle 1st Gen. I used to love the sound quality but over the years it went from worse to terrible. My 1st gen iPod Nano sounds better than the current iPhone 5s. When I read about it, it was something to do with the EU law (yes, i'm in the UK) about sound output.

When I had my first iPod, I used to work for a Gadgets company and we had a sample to test out, it was Sennheiser HD 25 and it sounded amazing. Every song sound better with amazing Bass. It was quite expensive at that time so I did buy it a few years down the line. But it never sounded the same. Guess that is because of the reduced sound output and quality of my iPod/iPhone.

Now I got the new beats solo hd headphones as a gift and again at PCWorld when I checked the demo unit, one custom connected and other one connected to an Archos player, it sounded awesome. the Archos player which it was connected was not even new and they didn't stock it anymore. The Beats on my iPhone 5s or iPad Air sound nothing like the way it did on the demo... So my question is, can anyone recommend a good MP3 player with excellent Bass. Sandisk Sana Clip+ has got a huge thumbs up on this forum!! Would you guys recommend this for nice sound quality? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards,
Ravs.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi, I understand not everyone is on the same level of sound quality standards.

What you think sounds good (beats solo), is pretty far from the standards most people on here call "good sound".

To answer your question quickly without lecturing you on audio quality, what you could do is get a portable headphones amplifier like the Fiio E11, that helps with weak audio sources like the iphone.

That will probably suit you just fine if you're happy with your headphones.

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #3 of 3
To answer your question quickly without lecturing you on audio quality, what you could do is get a portable headphones amplifier like the Fiio E11, that helps with weak audio sources like the iphone.

+1

E11 would be great for driving your headphones better. While the Clip+ is quite good, I wouldn't count on it sounding significantly better (or better at all) to you than your iPhone. But it is a great player for $30.

If you want a DAP, you could also look into the FiiO X3. That has the same dac/amp hardware as the FiiO E17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back