Help with AV710 digital out
Jan 21, 2007 at 2:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bones13

Headphoneus Supremus
I recently brought my AV710 home to feed my Firestone Spitfire. (removing my Headroom DAC/AMP from DAC service in this system)

I had no trouble configuring the AV710 with 500b drivers for 44.1 SPDIF output to my DAC. I am using KS in Foobar 9.x.

My problem is that when I load either WoW or Lord of The Rings (beta) the sound from Foobar just quits. If I reconfigure Foobar for DS (direct sound) then I get the music fine.

Suggestions on how to configure my rig to play bitperfect to the DAC from Foobar? - basically ignoring the games, which I don't listen to, and are "muted" in the game options for each.

USB-Audio was pretty good at ignoring the games, and letting Foobar keep control. I am evaluating the AV710/Spitfire before considering getting a USB DAC of some sort (Scott Nixon, or Stello DA100)

Jan 21, 2007 at 8:52 AM Post #3 of 7
Do you have an onboard sound card too? If you do, set the default output in windows to the onboard sound, and specifically choose in foobar to output to the AV710.

Also, the situation you're talking about no longer happens to me after I flashed to Prodigy and use ASIO in foobar. When foobar is playing through ASIO, I'll hear it for sure. If I pause it then any other sounds that would play start playing until I resume playback.

Jan 21, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the replies.

Will check on the hardware acceleration.

I will also look into the Prodigy firmware/drivers - do you need a floppy to load them? I don't build floppies into my systems anymore.

Jan 21, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zenja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you have an onboard sound card too? If you do, set the default output in windows to the onboard sound, and specifically choose in foobar to output to the AV710.

Also, the situation you're talking about no longer happens to me after I flashed to Prodigy and use ASIO in foobar. When foobar is playing through ASIO, I'll hear it for sure. If I pause it then any other sounds that would play start playing until I resume playback.

Seconded.

Jan 21, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #6 of 7
turned the sound hardware acceleration to 0 - no help.

I do not have the on the motherboard sound card enabled, either in bios or with drivers.

Looking into the prodigy firmware/driver.

Do you mean to enable the motherboard soundware just to point system sounds at it?

Jan 21, 2007 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean to enable the motherboard soundware just to point system sounds at it?

Yessss!. And foobar to the av710 alone!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back