Help with audio receiver and krk's
Mar 16, 2012 at 8:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

SuperZero5225

100+ Head-Fier
So I just got a Onkyo TX-SR309 receiver and I'm trying too hook it up with my KrKs, Ikey subwoofer and Acer laptop. I was playing them using Behringer UCA202 but I want to use the the receiver insted. Is there any way I can do it? 

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 16

Quote:
So I just got a Onkyo TX-SR309 receiver and I'm trying too hook it up with my KrKs, Ikey subwoofer and Acer laptop. I was playing them using Behringer UCA202 but I want to use the the receiver insted. Is there any way I can do it? 

Can't you just use a digital optical cable from the Behringer UCA202 to the digital optical input on the Onkyo?

Mar 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 16
Simple answer to you question is no, you will not be able to use the Onkyo to control you KRK's and sub. You will need to receiver to pre-outs for front left and right channels, not just a sub out.

Mar 17, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
Where would I connect that to tho, Game or TV? Those are the only spots. And if I did that, how do I configure it to work?(Ex: Voulme control)

Both Game and TV/CD are the same. might as well use game (Optical 1)
Try pushing the larger  "game" button on the front of the Onkyo, if it does not automatically output sound from your computer, you will have to go into the Onkyo's setup.
Does your Acer laptop have a digital output like optical or coaxial?
(you would not have to use the UCA202)
What model is your Acer laptop?

Mar 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #6 of 16
It's an Acer Aspire 5741. I think my problem is trying to get sound out. When I push play on Spotify the sound reads it but no sound comes out because the krk are not connect to the receiver. That's what I trying to do. I have the receiver connected to my computer but not the krk to the receiver.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #7 of 16
Like I said, you need a receiver with pre-out. Otherwise you will not be able to control the volume of the KRK's.

Mar 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 16

Quote:
It's an Acer Aspire 5741. I think my problem is trying to get sound out. When I push play on Spotify the sound reads it but no sound comes out because the krk are not connect to the receiver. That's what I trying to do. I have the receiver connected to my computer but not the krk to the receiver.

So, the reason your not plugging the KRKs into the receiver is?

Mar 18, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #11 of 16

Quote:
How exactly is he going to hook up powered monitors to a receiver with no pre-outs?

I just assumed he was taking about KRK headphones, as most questions on this website involve headphones.

Mar 18, 2012 at 4:35 AM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
I just assumed he was taking about KRK headphones, as most questions on this website involve headphones.

Headphones with a subwoofer?
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #13 of 16
You can't use active speakers with a receiver , the ikey being a studio sub should have a rca/ts or balanced pass thru , you need to connect the behringer uca via rca or rca to ts cables to the ikey sub then the sub via ts to ts or ts to rca to the krks.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #14 of 16
You can use Studio monitors and sub with a receiver, but you will need pre-outs. Curious, what I-Key sub so you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back