Help with alternative replacement for Beyer DT770 80hm
Jul 24, 2014 at 3:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nathanlgd

Head-Fier
I started out about 15 years ago with a pair of HD25's. After using them for 6-7 years I fancied an upgrade/alternative so I asked on here as to what you guys might suggest for my needs and budget. Most suggestions were for the Beyer Dynamic DT770 80ohm which I bought and loved and am currently wearing :) After 7 years ownership of the DT770's I'm getting the itch to try something new, to upgrade - so, here I am again after what I consider to be great advice from my last experience on this forum :)
I use my headphones with my computer only, I run them through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, I listen to all types of music but mainly electronic stuff like minimal techno, techno, house, occasional drum 'n' bass etc etc. I like a good all round performance from my speakers/headphones but volume, power and good bass is critical. I adore the abrupt, in your face theatrics of a good Funktion 1 sound system :) Budget - I will pay whatever I need to pay but price tags towards the price of the DT770's would be preferred but I wouldn't mind spending a tad more for something that's going to 'wow' me :)
I look forward to your input guys! :)  

Jul 25, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 2
  I started out about 15 years ago with a pair of HD25's. After using them for 6-7 years I fancied an upgrade/alternative so I asked on here as to what you guys might suggest for my needs and budget. Most suggestions were for the Beyer Dynamic DT770 80ohm which I bought and loved and am currently wearing :) After 7 years ownership of the DT770's I'm getting the itch to try something new, to upgrade - so, here I am again after what I consider to be great advice from my last experience on this forum :)
I use my headphones with my computer only, I run them through a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, I listen to all types of music but mainly electronic stuff like minimal techno, techno, house, occasional drum 'n' bass etc etc. I like a good all round performance from my speakers/headphones but volume, power and good bass is critical. I adore the abrupt, in your face theatrics of a good Funktion 1 sound system :) Budget - I will pay whatever I need to pay but price tags towards the price of the DT770's would be preferred but I wouldn't mind spending a tad more for something that's going to 'wow' me :)
I look forward to your input guys! :)  

I think my Beyer DT880s sound better them my DT770s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back